The latest Storybundle features not just one, not two, but three HG101 ebooks! If you pay $5, you’ll get a copy of The Guide to Shoot-em-ups Vol. 1, along with 8-Bit Obituaries by John Harris, and Handheld Video Games You Will Never Play by Unseen64. If you go for the bonus level and pay $15, you’ll get all of that, as well as our NES Cult Classics AND Unofficial Guide to Konami Shooters books, plus a whole ton of other stuff, including GameDev Stories – Volume 3 and Arcade Perfect by David Craddock, Boss Fight Books: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic by Alex Kane, and more!
The full official blog post is below:
Praise the sun while you can: the festivals and hazy warmth of summer is all too fleeting. Luckily, you can capture the spirit of these carefree days forever with the Endless Summer Game Bundle, available for a limited time on StoryBundle.
David L. Craddock’s Arcade Perfect: How Pac-Man, Mortal Kombat, and Other Coin-Op Classics explores the lengths to which developers went to squeeze classic arcade games onto home consoles, handhelds, and personal computers. Craddock’s GameDev Stories: Volume 3 digs deeper into arcades and home conversions with a selection of interviews from legendary designers such as Asteroids co-programmer Ed Logg and Mortal Kombat “ko-kreator” John Tobias.
John Harris steps up to represents great—or at least serviceably good—NES games that get a bad rap today in 8-bit Obituaries. Boss Fight Books author Alex Kane visits one of the most beloved space ports in that famous galaxy far, far away in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, a fantastic oral history of the making of BioWare’s blockbuster RPG.
Alongside those DRM-free eBooks, Hardcore Gaming 101’s Kurt Kalata takes an epic journey through cult classics on the NES, Select Start Press looks at the games your teachers have been playing, and much more.
StoryBundle is a pay-what-you-want platform for independent authors to share their works with readers (and gamers) like you!
For StoryBundle, you decide what price you want to pay. For $5 (or more, if you’re feeling generous), you’ll get the basic bundle of four books in any ebook format—WORLDWIDE.
- 8-Bit Obituaries by John Harris
- HG101 Presents: The Guide to Shoot-em-ups Vol. 1 by Kurt Kalata
- What Your Teachers Are Playing by Christian Cardenas and Dylan Altman
- Handheld Video Games You Will Never Play by Unseen64
If you pay at least the bonus price of just $15, you get all four of the regular books, plus SIX more!
- GameDev Stories – Volume 3 by David L. Craddock
- Arcade Perfect by David L. Craddock
- Boss Fight Books: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic by Alex Kane
- HG101 Presents: Unofficial Guide to Konami Shooters by Kurt Kalata
- History of Digital Games: Developments in Art, Design and Interaction by Andrew Williams
- HG101 Presents: NES Cult Classics by Kurt Kalata
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub and .mobi) for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to Pixelles!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you’ll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.