We’ve got three books in the latest Storybundle, which runs from now until mid-December. This includes the Guide to Beat-em-ups Vol. 1, along with both the original Guide to Retro Horror and the sequel Bride of Retro Horror. Also packed in with the bundle is an extensive look at the making of Mortal Kombat, plus three whole Boss Fight Books book. Outstanding deal!
Starved for books that sate your appetite for video game knowledge? StoryBundle brings you a bountiful harvest with the Gaming Feast bundle! We’ve curated 10 books guaranteed to entertain until you’ve eaten your fill.
Author David L. Craddock brigs his critically acclaimed Long Live Mortal Kombat: Round 1, a deep dive into the making of and fandom surrounding MK titles from the franchise’s arcade era. Boss Fight Books brings not one, not two, but three brand-new books covering classic titles that originated on Windows, PlayStation, and Nintendo 64.
All that, plus historian John Harris’s newest collection of gaming retrospectives, three volumes from Hardcore Gaming 101 founder and author Kurt Kalata, and more.
StoryBundle is a pay-what-you-want platform for independent authors to share their works with readers (and gamers) like you. Paying at least $5 will get you three books from the Gaming Feast, while paying $20 or more unlocks all seven bonus books, plus a coupon for 15% off a physical copy of GoldenEye, PaRappa the Rappa and Minesweeper in the Boss Fight Store! – David L. Craddock
* * *
For StoryBundle, you decide what price you want to pay. For $5 (or more, if you’re feeling generous), you’ll get the basic bundle of three books in .epub format—WORLDWIDE.
- The Set Side B Archives: Vol. 2 – Mission: YouTube by John Harris
- Video Games – Stage One: 1979 and Before by Andrea Contato
- HG101: The Guide to Retro Horror by HG101
If you pay at least the bonus price of just $20, you get all three of the regular books, plus seven more books for a total of 10!
- HG101: The Bride of Retro Horror by by HG101
- HG101: The Guide to Beat-Em-Ups Vol. 1 by HG101
- Kool Stuff: Bonus Interviews From Long Live Mortal Kombat by David L. Craddock
- Long Live Mortal Kombat: Round 1 by David L. Craddock
- Boss Fight Books: Minesweeper by Kyle Orland
- Boss Fight Books: PaRappa the Rapper by Mike Sholars
- Boss Fight Books: GoldenEye 007 by Alyse Knorr
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get a DRM-free .epub for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
StoryBundle is pleased to partner with the Video Game History Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to “preserving, celebrating, and teaching the history of video games,” per the foundation’s website. The Video Game History Foundation is home to the world’s “first dedicated video game history research library” full of “rare behind-the-scenes materials” and other historical items such as lost artwork recovered for the game studios that made it. For more information visit https://gamehistory.org/.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): Youdecide how much these fantastic books are worth. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to the Video Game History Foundation!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you’ll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.