Now available on Amazon for $23.99
Author and journalist John Szczepaniak spent three months travelling around Japan, interviewing over 80 members of the games industry for a trilogy of books spanning nearly a million words. Originally released exclusively for Kickstarter backers, this remastered Blu-Ray documentary, available publicly for the first time, contains a selection of those interviewed.
-Region Free! Will play on NTSC and PAL Blu-Ray players!
-Around 132 minutes of Blu-Ray quality HD video documentary!
-Featuring brand new captured game footage!
The over two hours of tightly edited footage includes:
* An unreleased MSX game from Tecno Soft
* PC Engine vs Famicom audio
* Design documents for Guardian Legend, MUSHA, and Aleste Gaiden
* Hudson’s abandoned R&D laboratory
* Solomon’s Key sketches
* Westone offices
* Ryuichi Nishizawa of Wonder Boy
* Street Fighter II distributor Roy Ozaki
* Kouichi Yotsui of Strider
* Cannon Dancer director’s commentary
* Secret OutRun tapes
* Making Namco’s Pac-Land
* How Taito did pixel art
* Parallax scrolling on PC Engine
* Cybernator artist and designer
* Yoshiro Kimura of Love-de-Lic
* Making Dragon Quest on Famicom
* Catrap on Game Boy
* Dissecting Namco’s neGcon controller
* Human Entertainment
* Yuzo Koshiro of Sega
* Streets of Rage 4 on Dreamcast
* Enix programming
* Prototype MSX
* Data East’s Deco Cassette and rare game footage
* The Japanese Game Preservation Society
* And more!