HG101 Presents The Guide to Shoot-em-ups Vol. 2 and HG101 Digest Vol 7: Metroid and Kid Icarus are available in the latest Storybundle! For $20, you get both PDF and text-only copies of these books, plus The Legend of Argus: The Complete History of Rygar, Boss Fight Books’ entry on Final Fantasy VI, a text version of The Secret History of Mac Gaming, and other excellent video game books! Full press release is below:
The Summer Fireball Game Bundle – Curated by David L. Craddock
Summer heatwaves make the angry sun in Super Mario Bros. 3 feel as balmy as a spring breeze in comparison. When it’s too hot for days at the beach or picnics in the park, embark on an adventure in the books collected in our Summer Fireball game bundle.
Gaming historian Richard Moss dives deep into the secret history of Mac games and chronicles the thrills and toils of managing a football club. Boss Fight Books and author Sebastian Deken connect our fondness for Final Fantasy VI’s iconic characters and story in the titular Final Fantasy VI.
Author David L. Craddock collects interviews and oral histories in Game Dev Stories: Volume 7 and Dialogue Boxes—exploring the making of Fallout, the early days of Nintendo Power, and other pivotal titles and epochs of gaming history. All that, plus narrative designer and game journalist Cara Ellison’s year-long adventure learning from game developers, Brian Riggsbee takes you on a journey through the history of Rygar, and more.
StoryBundle is a pay-what-you-want platform for independent authors to share their works with readers (and gamers) like you. Paying at least $5 will get you three books from the Summer Fireball Game Bundle, while paying $15 or more unlocks all seven bonus books for a total of nine.
StoryBundle is pleased to partner with Qweerty Gamers, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that champions LGBTQ+ representation in the gaming community. Per the organization’s website: “Qweerty Gamers provides a productive platform for people to connect & learn from each other while playing video games. Our platform provides unique perspectives of LGBTQIA+ Gamers, microgrants for content creators & game developers with a passion for more diversity in video games, & a medium for individuals and creators to share their experiences, accomplishments, & expertise.” For more information visit https://www.qweertygamers.org/.
– David L. Craddock
* * *
For StoryBundle, you decide what price you want to pay. For $5 (or more, if you’re feeling generous), you’ll get the basic bundle of three books in any ebook format—WORLDWIDE.
- The Legend of Argus: The Complete History of Rygarby Brian Riggsbee
- HG101 Presents: The Guide to Shoot-Em-Ups Vol. 2by Kurt Kalata
- Football Manager, One Day at a Timeby Richard Moss
If you pay at least the bonus price of just $20, you get all three of the regular books, plus six more books for a total of 9, including two StoryBundle exclusives not found anywhere else!
- Boss Fight Books: Final Fantasy VIby Sebastian Deken
- Embed With Gamesby Cara Ellison
- Dialogue Box: Oral Histories of Video Gamesby David L. Craddock (StoryBundle Exclusive)
- GameDev Stories: Volume 7by David L. Craddock (StoryBundle Exclusive)
- HG101 Digest Vol. 7: Metroid and Kid Icarusby Kurt Kalata
- The Secret History of Mac Gamingby Richard Moss
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub, .mobi) for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): Youdecide how much these fantastic books are worth. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to Queerty Gamers!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you’ll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.